Thursday 20 December 2012

A very short stay at the E&O

Over the weekend I was invited to accompany my husband to his company's annual dinner Penang. We stayed at the very luxurious Eastern & Oriental Hotel located on Lebuh Farquhar. We arrived on Friday, just before noon and were allowed to check in early!! The staff at the front desk were friendly and efficient. They sorted out our early check-in in a jiffy and were thorough in explaining what and where things were in the hotel.

After checking in, we went up to our suite to off load our luggage and to take a few quick snaps.

The bed...
Gloriously comfortable with pillows that were soft and welcoming.
The living room that came attached to the bedroom.
Very old style and, as expected, the sofa smelled a little musty.
The bathroom has a tub in the middle,
and is flanked by the loo on one side and the shower cubicle on the other.
The shower cubicle and one of two sinks-
one for Him and one for Her. The amenities are nothing to shout about.

After that, we headed down to one of the hotel's eateries for lunch. Sarkies Corner has been outfitted to look like a coffee shop from days gone by. And while the staff were friendly enough, they lacked the finesse and attention to detail that one would expect from a five star hotel. As we were seated we were told by our server that they serve only A' la carte there and that if we wanted to sample the buffet, we'd have to go over Sarkies in the new wing. As my husband was pressed for time- he had to rush off for a meeting, we decided to go for the buffet, and walked over to Sarkies only to find that the buffet did not start for another hour and so we had to walk all the way back for lunch.

While the walk wasn't long, I was annoyed as it still took us about 15 minutes to walk over and walk back and to be seated again. We quickly ordered and poor Hubby had to wolf down his lunch. The food was passable, nothing to shout about, I am ashamed to say we ordered Char Koay Teow and Assam Laksa. I know, I know, it's a sin to eat those in a hotel when we could have gotten it anywhere else outside and a fraction of the price.

Sarkies Corner

A very expensive kopi tiam
My Assam Laksa- which tasted alright

After lunch Hubby rushed off to his meeting and I spent the rest of the day lounging around the fab hotel room. When he got back we got dolled up and attended the annual dinner. Here's a shot of us after the do, taken in the bathroom!!!

Heheheheh..This had to be taken in the bathroom
beause the lighting in the bedroom was too dim!!!
I must say that I didn't get to take many shots as Hubby had to rush off to work and I was allowed to waddle around the grounds by my own pregnant self. Hopefully we'll get to go back and visit again another day, although I wouldn't be fussed if we didn't stay as I think the hotel is a little over rated.
 


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment