Tuesday 16 October 2012

Hubby's Birthday

It was my hubby's birthday on Sunday, and for a change instead of celebrating outside with a big group of friends, we celebrated it at home with my family.

I haven't been cooking since I got pregnant and so his only request for his birthday was that I cook dinner... so I made all his favourite stuff.

From left (clockwise)- Avocado and tofu salad, ginger pork, baby corn and sugar snap stir fry and' tonjiru' Shredded cabbage usually accompanies the ginger pork but he wanted the salad and the stir fry so I obliged.
For dessert, I ordered a cake from Yummies by Audrey. I had a rough idea of what I wanted but couldn't find the exact image I wanted so I sent them ALL to Audrey and explained how I imagined the cake should be. I left it in her good hands and was pleasantly surprised by this wonderful cake.

A scrumptious chocolate and vanilla ice cream cake complete with  the silhouette of a pregnant lady with a bob carrying a light blue bag with her husband- My husband caught the details immediately and was very impressed that the lady was not only pregnant but holding a bag that was similar to the one he bought for me recently!
When I asked him if he regretted not having a bit party with friends, he said no, because he'd much rather have his birthday dinner in the comfort of home where he could have dinner and cake in his jammies.. He turned 35 on Sunday, you'd think he'd just turned six!

No comments:

Post a Comment