Wednesday 22 August 2012

Our Babymoon

Sun, sea and surf... sounds like the perfect Honeymoon doesn't it?

Well our recent trip to Bali was meant to be just that. The only catch is that I booked the trip in late April before the little alien came along, so our Honeymoon became our Babymoon.

We stayed two nights at the Nikko Bali Hotel in Nusadua and had a really relaxing time. I am still suffering from morning sickness so we didn't go out of the hotel at all while we were there. But that didn't bother me. We had booked into a Club Room, but were told upon arrival that there weren't any left and were then upgraded to a Club Suite free of charge.

We spent most of out time hanging out in the Club Lounge cabanas where they provide a free flow of beer, fruit juices, coffee, tea and at 5pm, wine and spirits.There was finger food available throughout the day although I didn't fancy any.

Cocktail time
We didn't make it into the sea either as it water was way too cold. We were told it was because the tide was coming in from Australia where it was winter and so although it was bright and sunny in Bali, the water and the wind was exceptionally cold.

Kiaaaaa! C-c-cold!!! 

The view was amazing from the little cabana we chose

It looked even better at night

Hubby enjoying a drink during happy hour

Me having a lie down

Hubby spoiling me rotten by making me toast

Making toast for me proved too tiring so he needed to take a nap

While I didn't really mind not being able to go out this time around, I am sure if I hadn't had morning sickness I would have been very disappointed. The food served by the hotel was passable but expensive. But I suppose that is to be expected. If I hadn't been expecting I think we would have ventured out to sample more local fare. I really wanted to try their 'bebek' or duck and babi guling. Oh well, that'll have to wait for our next trip I suppose... with a little monster in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment