Friday 15 June 2012

Parents? Us? OMG!

Today, a little less than a year after we got registered, we find ourselves at yet another milestone in our lives.

We. Are. Going. To. Be. Parents.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't that we aren't happy about it, but I think we are still in shock.

We had been told that because I was insulin intolerant it might not be so easy for me to conceive. Also my cycle had had been irregular since I went off the pill in January so I didn't really think I was pregnant when I did the test as I thought I was just late. But something told me to check anyway as we had quite a few parties and dinners lined up that involved a lot of alcohol. You can imagine my shock last night when the results of my home test come out positive! 

And baby makes three!
Unable to believe the results of last night's home test, I went and got myself another one this morning. It was pretty high tech and cost me RM30 for just one stick! In case you are interested you can se what it looks like here  http://www.clearblue.com/uk/new-clearblue-digital-pregnancy-test-with-conception-indicator.php  As I was waiting for the results, I was intrigued by the little animated hour glass that kept turning over and over. In the end, the test not only told me I was pregnant but also informed me that I had conceived 3+ weeks ago.

Having had this doubly confirmed, I went to the doctor's office at lunch time today and got it triple confirmed. Now with my appointment with my OBGYN scheduled for the 21, we look forward to a whole new chapter of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment