Sunday 18 November 2012

27 weeks along- Developments to date and her first hiccups!

My baby can hiccup!

Hubby and I were in bed and chatting yesterday morning after eating breakfast when I felt Mika move. We said good morning to her and continued our conversation. She then moved again, in little spurts, like mini kicks, over and over with short pauses in between. Thinking she was just being fussy about the position I was in I shifted. But she continued fussing, I got worried and did a quick search online. Turns out our baby was having hiccups!!

I still can't believe I am already 27 weeks along and will be giving birth to another living being in approximately 13 weeks...more amazing are the changes in Mika as each week goes by. At this point in time, she gets startled by loud noises around and reacts by kicking. In the mornings and evenings she responds to my voice and her Daddy's voice by moving around gently. She is very 'vocal' about how I sit and lie down and loves story time. She's a great communicator- granted this is done by kicking and some other physical reaction. All the same, her development is making us more and more aware of her everyday and is helping a lot with bringing the reality of being parents home.

I can't wait for her next ultrasound next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment