Friday 15 February 2013

While waiting for our little monster - part two (Valentine Day 2013) ...

So here I am, 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant and one false alarm later, still waiting for my little daughter to be born.

Two days ago, as a result of lower back pain and abdominal cramps that really seemed to be contractions, my husband and I thought that I was going into labour. But after three hours, the cramps had all but stopped. I took a nap waiting for them to return. Well, I obviously wasn't in labour as not only did the pain and aches not return, I woke up another 4 hours later feeling perfectly fine with my little monster doing her nightly Gangnam dance in my tummy. Sigh...

Anyway, I thought that it would be best that I distract myself a little as she wasn't gonna show up if she wasn't ready and it wouldn't do me any good to sit around the house moping. So, as Hubby had asked for some homemade chocolate truffles for Valentine's Day, I set about making them for him yesterday.

The recipe was very simple. Some dark chocolate, heavy cream, a little butter and some rum. I remembered the rum at the beginning but didn't pour it out. As a result, I didn't remember the rum again until the truffles were left to harden in the fridge. Doh!!


Easy ingredients - Dark chocolate and heavy cream


The melted chocolate, cream and butter mixture cooling over
a bowl of iced water.


The melted chocolate, butter and cream mixture ready to be chilled
This is before I remembered the rum >.<

I have never had them myself before, and the various videos I have seen show them being cut into square blocks... but of course I had to be creative didn't I, and tried to make them into balls. They ended up looking like little turds instead.


An origami box I made to fit those turd like chocolates in

My turd like chocolate truffles for my Darling Husband!

When he came home I said "Happy Valentine's Day Darling! I made the なまチョコ (nama choco aka chocolate truffles) you wanted, but I am sorry they look like little turds," He laughed so hard I though he was going to wet himself. I was very surprised he knew what "turd" meant, and then I remembered that I had introduced him to that word a few days ago when I was reading this brilliant picture blog called Crappy Pictures (See here for reference http://crappypictures.com/learning-from-poop/) Bad wife! Bad teacher!

Sigh... my husband is like a child. I have been trying to get him to expand his vocabulary for the longest time, but he seems only to pick up the rude rude words...

In any case, Hubby's eyes lit up when he ate them little turds!! He really enjoyed them so I guess that's alright ^_____^

He surprised me with lovely pot of flowers. They must have cost a small bomb. But they made my day. Hubby's not really the romantic type, but he tries so hard and that's what counts in my book!

My little pot of happiness. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

After exchanging presents, we went and had what will most likely be our last romantic dinner out (without baby worries) last night. The restaurant we went to was a place we used to frequent quite often called Bistro Fiore, a little Japanese Italian cafe in Plaza Damas. And though we ordered dishes that were familiar to the palate, we had a great time ^.^

Potato and Bacon Pizza- Mild tasting but super with a dash of Tobasco.

Deep fried pork cutlet with cheese and salsa on the top

I can never resist these, Deep Fried Mozarella. So sinful! So yummy!

Caeser Salad. The dressing is the restaurant's own recipe and is heavenly.

One of my favourites! Mentaiko Mayonnaise paste on a toasted baguette.
There was so much food that I felt doubly pregnant after dinner!!

Now, a full dinner, breakfast and lunch later I am back to waiting for Little Miss Monster to be born...tick tock tick tock...






No comments:

Post a Comment